Born no more!

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Deleted User 658

Post by Deleted User 658 »

Mluisbrown,
Yes good points, I agree hatch to saloon could be the decider depending upon personal circumstances, fortunately my kids are big and flown away!!!!!, The need to visit DIY stores and carrying mega sized boxes are now in the past, phew, So its shopping, days out etc.

Window tints is on my list although for the roof clip in blinds from 3rd parties exist.

The Apple car play was more of a consideration, although the sat nav maps in the car being Google are good, but the solution to apple CarPlay exists in the form of another issue you didn't mention, the lack of a screen in front of the driver, there exists a wide choice of screens very similar to the borns that are very easy plug and play, some include apple CarPlay even their own SIM cards. then all the functions that you get on the larger central screen appear in front of the driver just like the born.

I guess its the massive worldwide following that's promoted sufficient market for 3rd part accessories, similar to the Apple followers.

Hope Portugal weathers nice right now! Your aircon will soon eat into those km/kwh!

CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

While I find the infotainment an annoyance sometimes, it's nowhere near enough reason to even consider selling the car. For someone who is not tech savvy I'd imagine its very frustrating to use, like getting stuck on HDMI1 and wondering why you can't watch Ant & Dec. I have been incredibly happy with mine since purchase and don't regret it for one second.

I have been browsing the alternatives recently just to keep up to date with what's available, and I am still confident I made the right choice. To match the Cupra Born V3 spec and looks on an Audi Q4 e-Tron was around 57k, white Teslas are every 100 yards now and still have inconsistent quality issues, and Mach E is more than I want to spend.

After 3-4 years when I am ready to change the car I will see what the landscape is like then. I would definitely go Cupra again as I like the styling they add to their cars which other manufacturers can lack imo.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

Hope Portugal weathers nice right now! Your aircon will soon eat into those km/kwh!
Starting to get nice sunny days 😄

The air con doesn’t eat into the km/kwh as much as winter heating does in cold climates, not least because AC works like a heat pump (in reverse), whereas heating uses energy directly for converting into heat 😅
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Now officially a 1 Born household.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565