Climate Control and Power Button Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Wolfie301

Post by Wolfie301 »

Picked up my Born about mid December and straight away had an issue with my passenger side temperature controls turning itself down to 'LO' and when I put it back up, it was just turning itself down again. Had a quick look in the Manual that suggested a Infotainment rest. This worked for a few days but it started doing it again. Now my Power Button on my Infotainment isn't working to reset it again, the passenger temperature turns itself down with or without a passenger and the passenger heated seat turns itself on with the climate control. Literally no control over that side of the car. Having to either spend most journeys with a warm coat and a hat to keep warm. 👌

Please tell me someone has had this issue and knows how to fix it. Thanks for any suggestions that might help 😊

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Not experienced LO. ECO is the default I think without the passenger seat occupied but if I'm solo I can sych and both sides will operate at the setting I choose. I have had to reset the screen a number of times for different reasons and been surprised at the time it takes to go blank. I think it's much longer than is stated in the manual. Seems like 10 seconds plus.
Other than that there are a lot of posts about Climate amnesia where the car forgets or randomly changes settings. Mine did it leading up to Christmas but has been good these past 2 weeks.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Wolfie301

Post by Wolfie301 »

The settings memory has been a little hit and miss but that's the least of my issues. So when I'm driving around by myself the passenger side temp will turn itself on and reduce it temp to LO. Its almost as if someones just touching the controls. Don't suppose you know of another way of reseting the infotainment?
At this point I'm not sure if there's an issue with the touch controls for the power button and the climate controls under the screen 🤷‍♂️
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Wolfie301 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:52 am The settings memory has been a little hit and miss but that's the least of my issues. So when I'm driving around by myself the passenger side temp will turn itself on and reduce it temp to LO. Its almost as if someones just touching the controls. Don't suppose you know of another way of reseting the infotainment?
At this point I'm not sure if there's an issue with the touch controls for the power button and the climate controls under the screen 🤷‍♂️
Thats correct but if you select temperature you can overide the passenger side to the level you want. I do it to get a better demist on the screen rather than warmth overall. I don't know any other way of resetting the infotainment screen. It works on my Born and my ID3 before it.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

My passenger side activates because I put my rucksack on the seat when I drive to work. Brilliant
daern

Post by daern »

Stevolution wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:48 pm My passenger side activates because I put my rucksack on the seat when I drive to work. Brilliant
To be fair, it uses a pressure sensor on the seat to determine this, so this isn't overly surprising, and is no different to any other car. I assume you also get the seatbelt alert notification too?

Have you considered using the large and convenient luggage store located towards the rear of the vehicle? Much safer if you have a crash, as noone wants loose items flying around the cabin...