BP Pulse charging points

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

Anyone else having issues with BP Pulse as a network/app? I've been stuck charging our Born on public charging, and it's mostly been fine with the exception of BP Pulse, where the app never successfully starts a charge.

And it seems, watching the things start themselves up, that something goes wrong in the Comms, because the light at our charging port goes white, then green then red. Used multiple different stations, and downloaded the app on both Android and iOS, and no difference at all.

The user reviews for the app are pretty poor, so I don't know if it's just me or whether others have problems?
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Took the DCC and panoramic roof options.

Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

I have used the BPpulse points, but I have long since binned that appalling app.
I just plug in, touch the card and go get a coffee
MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

How do you get the card? Is that a membership?
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Deleted User 456

Nope. I just pull up at the charger, plug the lead in and touch my debit card.
Set the charge level on the car's screen and go get a coffee. No subscription required.
MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

Don't think I've been to one that takes a credit card directly. They all seem to want a Pulse card. Except maybe once when I was using a rapid one. The slow AC ones require the app, or the BP card it seems.
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Deleted User 456

https://www.bppulse.co.uk/charging-on-the-go

I must just use the guest option then
MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

Ah. Yes, that explains our difference at least. According to that page, contactless etc is only available on their fast chargers. Which also is the only way I've ever gotten one working. All their AC chargers need either the app or a BP member's card. And I can't start a charge via the app ever.
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Same experience as others, could never get the rapids to start with the app, only with contactless payment card. Recently signed up as a member (my employer offers subsidised charging using their 7kW units) and find the RFID card they send to start charging works every time. It is linked to the app, so you can see progress and stop the charge using the app if you wish. They have a pretty good 6 month deal for their membership option, provided you will use about £10 of charging each month, all details in the app or on the website. Shame it has to be with BP though, they have a lot to answer for...
Deleted User 456

Used one at the weekend (twice in fact). Useless!

Dual charger, but the lead on the left hand charger was so short it wouldn't reach anyone's charger socket. BMW x2, and Jaguar F-Pace and me, all trying to stretch the stupidly short lead to reach our cars.
I managed to make it reach by parking up on the grass at 45 degrees :roll:

150kw charger and I don't think it ever went over 50kw for either car at any point. Stood there with a coffee and my wife (who is now totally anti-EV :shock: ), discussing with 3 other EV drivers how s*%t the UK charging network still is.