First major problem

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Today I’ve noticed the Cupra is only charging at 1.89 kWh instead of around 7 kWh on our home charger, I assumed it was our Zaptec charger but plugging our other car in it jumps to the normal charging rate.
So now battery is down at 20% and it’s saying over a day to charge 😤
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Betty b wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:24 am Today I’ve noticed the Cupra is only charging at 1.89 kWh instead of around 7 kWh on our home charger, I assumed it was our Zaptec charger but plugging our other car in it jumps to the normal charging rate.
So now battery is down at 20% and it’s saying over a day to charge 😤
As a last resort, try resetting your user profile in the vehicle. I've read reports of this working.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Thanks for your reply, I’ll go give it a go🤞
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Last night as I set deferred charge it asked if I wanted to update software and to exit car, just noticed it’s asked again to finish off software install and not to drive, it’s also logged me out.
Thank you for your advice, it’s now charging at it’s normal rate 👍
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Glad it worked out!

I often see reports of the Born throwing all sorts of errors that eventually "solve themselves".

Here are some troubleshooting strategies to address unexpected/unusual errors that I've seen so far:

- Turn off the vehicle and leave it off for 15 minutes (lol)
- Hold down the on/off button on the infotainment screen until it resets
- Hold down the main on/off button on the steering column until it resets
- Reset/delete your user profile in the vehicle
- Disconnect the 12V battery for 15 minutes (Warning!! This is a last resort - be careful, don't blow anything up!)
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Just been out for a run after update, ambient lighting colour changed, driver temperature changed, V2X deactivated, end of queue deactivated, logged out of driver profile, so hopefully this was the cause of low charge rate 🤞
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

So I'm having the same issue with my wall charger(EASEE) and my Born. It has happened twice now in the last week.

On Thursday night it started a scheduled charge at 00.30am at 3.2kWh and not 7.3kWh which it should be charging achieving. Last night I scheduled a charge again for the same time and again it was charging at 3.2kWh. On the EASEE app I have the option to pause the charge process, then to start it again which I did and It went straight up to 7.3kWh.

I've tried the usual fixes as mentioned in the posts above, but this has not fixed the issue. Maybe it is my wall charger and I will test this by charging a mates EV one evening this week on my EASEE to confirm.

Anybody else having these issues and found a fix?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

My Ohme (the original,not the newer one tgat plenty of people seem to have issues with) started charging at half rate, this only started happening since the staggered start/delayed charging came in to protect the grid. The other day I uninstall and reinstalled my Ohme app and re-set up the charger itself. I got about 40% of the battery charged overnight, which is much better than the 25% I was recently getting, but down on the 50% I was originally getting within the 4 hour Octopus Go window.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565