disabling lane assist

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
daniel.ke040

Post by daniel.ke040 »

Thanks,its just that I noticed the same problem with you guys and thought I would ask.
Didn't realise that I was doing any harm .
But thanks anyway.

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

daniel.ke040 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:18 pm Thanks,its just that I noticed the same problem with you guys and thought I would ask.
Didn't realise that I was doing any harm .
But thanks anyway.
Unfortunately it’s a misguided bit of legislation that all new cars are going to afflicted with. Manufacturers are not allowed to make it a one press option to turn off and it must be reactivated after disabling it (when you start the car again).

Using other software to permanently disable it will invalid your insurance as it will no longer comply with the misguided safety legislation.
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Can you bookmark lane assist as a widget? I’ve tried but it just gives me parking assist.
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Never managed it; the best solution I found was to add it to the fav list on the top right white square icon, “only” 2 presses to disable and a 3rd to exit the screen. Ford solution is a button under your left thumb on the steering wheel, best option I’ve ever driven.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Ponk wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:35 pm Never managed it; the best solution I found was to add it to the fav list on the top right white square icon, “only” 2 presses to disable and a 3rd to exit the screen. Ford solution is a button under your left thumb on the steering wheel, best option I’ve ever driven.
Cheers ponk. I’ll have a go at adding it to favourites
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

OBD11 - programmed to remember last setting. You can switch it on and off by the usual way, but when you turn it off, it stays off. Lane Assist active is not a requirement for insured driving.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
s3akr

Post by s3akr »

I got a Carly OBDII reader/programmer but it's no good for a Born - it can't read most modules. I reckon VCDS maybe the answer. Anyone near Colchester with it ? Happy to travel to get the option set to have it remember the last setting.
2022 Born V3 77KW - Aurora Blue, Beats, DCC, Heat Pump, Cargo Pack, 20" Blizzard Copper Wheels, Tech Pack M, Aurora Blue Seats
2021 Macan GTS (too many options)
2012 Cayman R (the right options)
1998 Boxster 2.5 (full poverty spec + 15 bad owners)
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

You may want to look at OBD11 https://obdeleven.com/products?carBrand=Seat the pay per use model is different but given how many changes you are likely to make, it isn't expensive
s3akr

Post by s3akr »

Cheers for the info chap. I went to buy the basic one and it's out of stock - damn!!! I'll keep an eye out for one and then if needs be I'll just have to get the next-Gen version of it and pay a bit more as I need to have that Lane Assist off!
2022 Born V3 77KW - Aurora Blue, Beats, DCC, Heat Pump, Cargo Pack, 20" Blizzard Copper Wheels, Tech Pack M, Aurora Blue Seats
2021 Macan GTS (too many options)
2012 Cayman R (the right options)
1998 Boxster 2.5 (full poverty spec + 15 bad owners)