OBDeleven Apps

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Had the old OBDeleven that needs android to work, decided to upgrade to new one that works on iPhone, but trying three one click apps, central locking with ignition, unlock with park, and adjustable lock menu, none of them work even though they say on in obd.
Just wondering if anyone else has had any success, I did HBA memory, travel assist using App and long coding with old one.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Just tried again with bonnet open as some people online have said later VW Audi cars require this but still no joy, and now have none of my 100 credits left !
Happy days 🤣🤣🤣
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I tried to have a look at OBD11 just now and can't log in properly. I enter my username and password (which are accepted), then it asks for my 2 stage verification code - but I have never set it up, so I'm effectively locked out. There is a 10 digit back up code (again, I don't know it because I never set up 2 stage verification) . So I'm stuck - anyone else having bother?
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

This is a real pain, you have to download
Google Authenticator app that generates a code and a back up code, but you only have 60 seconds to input this to OBDeleven

51604AD1-CE47-4BDF-958B-D08E0D5BC36C.jpeg

Then once this is sorted you can then use the one shot apps
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:00 pm This is a real pain, you have to download
Google Authenticator app that generates a code and a back up code, but you only have 60 seconds to input this to OBDeleven

51604AD1-CE47-4BDF-958B-D08E0D5BC36C.jpeg

Then once this is sorted you can then use the one shot apps
I did download the Google authenticator, and was generating 6 digit codes that OBD11 would not accept, well within the 60 seconds. I got the impression that in order to use it, the OBD11 had to generate a big code first that the google authenticator then used to generate the 6 digit codes that the OBD11 app would recognise, except that big code is generated only at the point you select 2 stage verification (that I haven't selected, and is now unavailable to me unless the app is properly logged in to) - is that correct?

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

To be fair my son helped me as I was struggling with this, this is the link he followed, let me know if your still struggling and I’ll ask him to help.

https://support.obdeleven.com/en/articl ... ion-on-ios
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Thanks for the advice, but it's of no help. I fully understand the process there, but in order to use the 2 stage verification, you need the long code that OBD11 generates when you set 2 stage verification up. I didn't ask to set up 2 stage verification, and as a result, I don't have that code so that the google authenticator can use it generate 6 digit codes that the OBD11 app will accept. I have used your long code and the 6 digits codes generated as a result don't work on my account - each account will have its own long code generated when you ask for 2 stage verification.

I did just change my phone from an S10 to an S22 and ported all my apps over - I can only think that something odd has happened in the translation and it has applied 2 stage verification when I never asked for it to get the code.

It's nothing I can do remotely with their "self help" - I asked to change my password and when I changed it, I was still being prompted for that 6 digit code. I will try and get them to switch off 2 stage verification, or provide the long code attached to my account.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I'm back in the game - Voltas sent me a 10 digit backup code to disable 2 stage verification and all is as it should be, but I don't seem to get my daily free credits any more within the "wallet" section.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

That’s good to know, I can’t get the free credits too 😤
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Hi
I have the old obdeleven Pro account, logs into born ok & I have fully backed it up.
Could someone tell me where to go to enable traffic assist as I've never used this for coding as such.
Cheers
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof