Software Version

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
jax_pt

Post by jax_pt »

Hey all,

We're still receiving ZERO updates on our March 2022 Born and still have not been called in for the manual update.

After complaining constantly to the dealership and to cupra digital support, 100s of emails backwards and forwards - still no updates.

I have now complained to VW AG in Germany who has no opened a complaints case through cupra international customer care with the importer SIVA S.A in Portugal.

I will let you know how I get on.

Anyone had a successful manual update from an early born yet?

daern

Post by daern »

jax_pt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:04 pm Anyone had a successful manual update from an early born yet?
Not personally (mine is a mid-2022), but I've been working with a chap here who has a Dec 2021 car which is apparently going in for an update today:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/h ... /410996/54

Will be interesting to see what happens as his car has definite differences in its remote capabilities to later cars, so I'm intrigued to see what (if anything) changes as a result of the update.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

jax_pt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:04 pm Hey all,

We're still receiving ZERO updates on our March 2022 Born and still have not been called in for the manual update.

After complaining constantly to the dealership and to cupra digital support, 100s of emails backwards and forwards - still no updates.

I have now complained to VW AG in Germany who has no opened a complaints case through cupra international customer care with the importer SIVA S.A in Portugal.

You're demanding an update that is barely available anywhere and not at all even in Germany. I get that you badly want an update, but frankly ID-series owners have been waiting far longer so it seems like your expectations are far too high.

The big danger of being one of the very first Borns to receive this update is if something goes wrong. Very wrong.

Workshop personnel need to be properly trained to roll out such a massive update on all the subsystems.

Caveat emptor.

PS. Don't expect any satisfying response from Cupra
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

With the likes of ChatGPT becoming increasingly more complex and advanced, Volkswagen AG can't even update software.
Born V2 Vapour Grey
jax_pt

Post by jax_pt »

daern wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:13 am
jax_pt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:04 pm Anyone had a successful manual update from an early born yet?
Not personally (mine is a mid-2022), but I've been working with a chap here who has a Dec 2021 car which is apparently going in for an update today:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/h ... /410996/54

Will be interesting to see what happens as his car has definite differences in its remote capabilities to later cars, so I'm intrigued to see what (if anything) changes as a result of the update.
Mine rolled off the production line in Dec 2021 too. I will contact AllardT, see what country he's in - he seems happy! Weirdly his hardware looks like it wasn't updated to H30, which is what I would have expected.
jax_pt

Post by jax_pt »

Elea4 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:52 am
jax_pt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:04 pm Hey all,

You're demanding an update that is barely available anywhere and not at all even in Germany. I get that you badly want an update, but frankly ID-series owners have been waiting far longer so it seems like your expectations are far too high.

The big danger of being one of the very first Borns to receive this update is if something goes wrong. Very wrong.

Workshop personnel need to be properly trained to roll out such a massive update on all the subsystems.

Caveat emptor.

PS. Don't expect any satisfying response from Cupra
I don't think it's too much to demand. VW AG is a massive company and they are failing massively in the software department - they need to sort it out.

Their customer service and communication on the matter of software and customer after care also needs a radical change... If we, the customers, do not demand change then who will?
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Tend to agree on the comms jax_pt. Technical issues are one thing, their inability or deliberate lack of clear information to dealers and customers is another.

These days brands want to build community and loyalty through the way their products make you feel. Cupra in particular would have a great chance of doing that, but I can’t help thinking they’re throwing it away.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

I didn't say there was anything wrong with demanding an update per se; rather, it's the expectation that's inflated especially given the entire embarrassing Cariad fiasco.

Having to swap the 12V battery because the updates take too long and otherwise risk bricking the system is a sign of very poor testing.

At the very least, VW is listening to their customers when it comes to the ID.7. There are some great new features in OS 4.0 (which has new hardware) that I hope can somehow make it onto the current hardware. One such feature is a new menu which displays the current charge rate capacity with the possibility of manually starting battery preconditioning in order to get it to charge at a specific kW rate.

Here the menu shows the current max charging rate of the ID.7 and there will be a slider to choose the target charging rate, along with the time needed to reach that rate:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 12-27-06 Von GÜLLE zu GOLD Das neue brillante VW ID.7 Infotainment - YouTube.png

There are also much better navi filters for selecting specific chargers and their respective operators.
daern

Post by daern »

Elea4 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:30 am At the very least, VW is listening to their customers when it comes to the ID.7.
Well, judging from the nasty, slidey heating controls still visible below the screen, they're clearly not listening *that* closely... ;)
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

daern wrote:Well, judging from the nasty, slidey heating controls still visible below the screen, they're clearly not listening *that* closely... ;)
Well, they are at least illuminated in the ID.7. Baby steps 😃

But I noticed that they have the same cost saving 2 button window controls with the "Rear" selector. Although I think I saw in an ID.3 facelift video that that car will get a window button for each window 😃
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.