Software Version

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Hello,
I was away for some time but in the meantime my car went to the workshop as scheduled to see what they would say about the reported bugs.

The car was there for 3 days under "observation" and left the same, they did nothing...

After another complaint, the head of the workshop came to talk to me and now I have some news.

He confirmed to me that the brand will make a service recall to the first vehicles sold and that have the first software versions.
He confirmed that they will probably replace the 12v battery and do the first software upgrade.
Only after these interventions the car will start making OTA updates.

Newer cars should already do it.

However, as for my complaints (screen resets itself on the go, charging routines don't work, etc.), they spoke to the manufacturer and gave me a tip that would fix these bugs. And would you believe it, it worked!? :)

It doesn't make much sense, but what causes the bugs in versions 0796 is the "Automatic selection of station logos" function in the radio settings.
Disabling this, the bugs stop happening and even the charging routines started working!!!

For those who have an old software version, here's the tip.

In the meantime I will have to wait for their call to see if they update my software once and for all.

P.S. meanwhile I also ran out of AC. No longer providing cold air.
Returned to the workshop and was out of AC gas... with 4000km...
They said it must have been a factory error and it wasn't full...
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh

DutchCupraBorn

Post by DutchCupraBorn »

Hey,

First of all, thanks for all the updates. I was wondering in which country you've made this work. I'm in the Netherlands, but haven't heard any news so far.. I've also got a Born from dec 2021, with the same questions. Still need to go to the dealer where i got it from to ask them, but so far the online service has told there was nothing they could do...

I wonder what your latest update is so far and if you've heard something from them about the new 12V battery.

Thanks in advance!
2021 Cupra Born Adrenaline One - Vapor Grey
soreng

Post by soreng »

PT is Portugal :)
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

DutchCupraBorn wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:12 pm Hey,

First of all, thanks for all the updates. I was wondering in which country you've made this work. I'm in the Netherlands, but haven't heard any news so far.. I've also got a Born from dec 2021, with the same questions. Still need to go to the dealer where i got it from to ask them, but so far the online service has told there was nothing they could do...

I wonder what your latest update is so far and if you've heard something from them about the new 12V battery.

Thanks in advance!
Hi @DutchCupraBorn
Yes, @soreng is right, I'm from Portugal :)

Regarding your last question, the only thing that the workshop chief was able to tell me was that "probably" the 12v battery would be replaced (and he said probably because he also said that cars were sold out with different batteries, and that each case would be analyzed) and that I should wait until CUPRA contacts me to schedule this whole operation, with no expected dates... I said that could be in September but with no assurances.

The only thing I'm sure about is that my car shows H20 hardware and as far as I know, OTA updates and newer software versions only work with H30 hardware.
I don't know if the difference between H20 and H30 hardware is just the 12v battery... but I suspect it's not only that...
DutchCupraBorn

Post by DutchCupraBorn »

Hi @Born_in_PT,

Thanks for the update. Could've guessed that PT was Portugal, but I guess i completely missed that hint ;).

As for the 12V battery part, as far as I know the difference between H20 and H30 is the way it can connect to the internet, without the main battery being on. I think the H20 one, needs the main battery and as such can't get OTA updates. The H30 one can get it.

I think I remember seeing it on the BatteryLife channel, when he made a video about this entire problem for ID3's. I hope that they'll bring the cars in soon, because the 3.1 software seems way broader and faster.
2021 Cupra Born Adrenaline One - Vapor Grey
brunogad

Post by brunogad »

Hello @Born_in_PT

I m Portuguese to and I have a cupra since Mach 2022 with the H20 software to. I send a msg to my dealer with this question about 12V battery and see what he have to say about this.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

brunogad wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:26 pm Hello @Born_in_PT

I m Portuguese to and I have a cupra since Mach 2022 with the H20 software to. I send a msg to my dealer with this question about 12V battery and see what he have to say about this.
Hi @brunogad

Welcome!
Mine is from March 22 also.

Yes, you really should talk to your dealer.
We have to put some pressure on otherwise we will never have OTA updates on our cars.

Please share what they told you to see if it matches what they told me.
Thanks
jax_pt

Post by jax_pt »

Hi @brunogad and @born_in_pt

Another owner of a March 22 here in PT. We went to the workshop last week, nobodyssey could answer the question regarding the updates... I asked about the batter replacement, they had never heard of it.

Have either of you had the car immobilise itself? Only front doors unlock and can't select gear? That's a fun bug.

I am going to complain today.

How are you getting on with your progress on this? Any updates yet?

Cheers
brunogad

Post by brunogad »

Hello,

I went with my car this week to dealer but only to fix some scratch that did.

I ask again about the updates and the dealer told me that we need to wait to be available.

Regards
jax_pt

Post by jax_pt »

Urgh!

I am going back at the end of the month... still no information about the updates... surely the 12v battery needs replacing!?