My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
benjie

Post by benjie »

pandamoanium wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:49 pm In the app under the following section, "SETTINGS" then "Service Management" my options from 'Online map update' onwards are all "Deactivated". Is this normal or should those be "Activated"?
All of mine are showing Activated.
58kWh V2 e-Boost in the cheap colour!

mcquarrie

Post by mcquarrie »

I've had amnesia in my Cupra Born for the last 7 months (since getting it) and have lost count of the calls to the service desk.

Regarding the range shown in the My Cupra App -v- in the car, I've just been told that the discrepancy has only been reported when units are set to miles, so I in the process of testing this theory changing both to km... Not terribly hopeful, and km will be hard to judge in real money.

Regarding the general amnesia - particularly in AC settings and ACC settings - I've been told there's an update that should fix this. I'm taking the car back into the workshop at the earliest opportunity (ie end February). Again not terribly hopeful after experience so far...

PS a few days later.
I changed the units on the car and on the My Cupra app to km - to see whether the current range then matched when expressed in km but not in miles, as suggested by the Support Desk. Not surprisingly it's still different so I have again sent photos of the evidence to the Support Desk.
Last edited by mcquarrie on Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

benjie wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:00 pm
pandamoanium wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:49 pm In the app under the following section, "SETTINGS" then "Service Management" my options from 'Online map update' onwards are all "Deactivated". Is this normal or should those be "Activated"?
All of mine are showing Activated.
Most of mine are deactivated as I haven't set up a location for the car (there was a concern a while back that it cocked up charging).
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
James-W

Post by James-W »

Hi there all (first post!), I've newly collected my V2 Born & having similar issues to what some have mentioned about the App.

Set up a profile no problem, but the Connect App... wow. Comes up with 'deactivated' for nearly everything (just as pandamoanium has). Can't see remaining mileage/battery, can't pre-condition the car or look at the map tab etc. When clicking on a function it comes up with - License has expired please contact customer care. But the license for all the functions says it's valid for another 10 years?!
I've contacted the dealer who couldn't fix it, now onto the customer care team who have raised a case & passed it onto their technical department - but no response yet & have my doubts by previous replies on this thread.

Just wondering for those who managed to get their app functions to go from 'deactivated' to 'activated' & at least half working, what did you do to fix it?
I told the care team I'm happy to uninstall the apps, create a new user if required & factory reset the infotainment system.. but they advised against it for now for some reason.

Normally wouldn't worry about this too much, but the missus shares a free charger at her work with her colleagues & it would be handy to see what the battery % is at for swapping over!
Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

Welcome James-W,

Hopefully you'll really enjoy the Born as many of us do, once the dreaded App and infotainment issues are resolved.

I've recently contacted Cupra support as you have, after 5 days their final solution was for me to visit my local dealer, who having spoke withy phone clearly aren't aware of a solution, their proposal is plug diagnostics in and see if anything shows up!

FYI the German Born forum site currently has 158 pages discussing the App, the short story is we are all suffering (to varying degrees) the same issues, which points more so to Cupra than individual cars, apparently the Germans believe a OTA app update is due week 6, so I've decided to wait and see if anything happens.

In the meantime I'd urge anyone feelings upset to leave their thoughts on the comments section of the App store they use ie iPhone / android etc, current the Apple App Store shows 4.3 out of 5 for the App!!!!!! unbelievable.

I feel were being ignored, I've also raised the issue why does the App show a left hand drive car interior layout under the air conditioning, when we are right hand drive? Hence you'll have to select the left side seat if you want to warm the drivers side seat!!! (classic, - feels like a prank), Cupra answer we are aware of it!,

Good luck I hope you can get the basics working and that we all see some improvement soon.

Regards
James-W

Post by James-W »

Thanks TheGRP, appreciate the reply.
If like yourself they ask me to visit a dealer, i’ll just go through resetting everything myself and hoping for the best.
Live in the north of scotland and it isn’t handy… especially when the car is through salary sacrifice & came from birmingham vertu!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I got my Born back in June. At that time there were a lot of posts related to this and functionality disabled including Emergency Assistance that I believe was a concern for many.
It's a way back but I believe I fixed this by going into the "car store" and buying a licence that was NIL cost. This may be different to what you're seeing and an earlier glitch, not sure, but it's something to look at. Maybe look as well at posts around the last week of June 22-Early July 22.
There maybe some valid stuff in those threads.
Looking to driving the Born North to Dingwell 620 miles from Essex late March. Are you further North?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
James-W

Post by James-W »

yeah my emergency assistance is disabled also, get a notification every time i hop in the car.
Unsure if it’s the same but downloaded ‘cupra connect plus’ for nil. Also checked that the software is up to date etc.
Ive attached some screenshots.

Not quite that north, i’m an hour north of Aberdeen. That’s a decent trek that thought. North Coast 500?

EB80BC14-8325-4554-A642-E2E71125ABDC.jpeg

5E0FA587-27B9-4B7A-BB55-4BD6432C4601.png

3F9EBCA9-52E7-49F4-B48F-2EA93E364747.png

dav0001

Post by dav0001 »

You have different colours and features in your app to what I have?

Screenshot_20230201_102445_My CUPRA.jpg

SmartSelect_20230201_102424_My CUPRA.jpg

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

TheGRP wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 am In the meantime I'd urge anyone feelings upset to leave their thoughts on the comments section of the App store they use ie iPhone / android etc, current the Apple App Store shows 4.3 out of 5 for the App!!!!!! unbelievable.
I left a review along the same lines as the reviews that are already there (the app is terrible, Cupra/VW should address it) and got the similarly meaningless response. How does it look as if it's a 4 star app when all the reviews you can see are 1 star?