My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

I have raised a complaint with Cupra.

I have explained that these outages are not acceptable especially in the upcoming world of Demand Side Response (of which intelligent Octopus is an example) where grid demand is controlled by the energy suppliers. The only way they can do this with EVs is to send start and stop charge commands to the cars (or compatible chargers). If the controlling networks are not reliable then these commands can’t get through and cars either won’t charge or will charge to levels higher than requested.

I expect that the connectivity providers (in this case Cupra Connect) are burying their heads in the sand about the importance of their reliability and are avoiding taking responsibility.

More of us could complain.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus

daern

Post by daern »

FWIW, my car has just started updating again
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

And as of 0932 the app is back up. Again confirming that it failed at their end. So that is twice in one week, that last time was 29 June (the day 1.9.0 was released for iOS).
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
WoT

Post by WoT »

With the new spinning graphic i think there's a new warning: that charging will be restricted to 30-80% for bidirectional charge and discharge. I have no interest in bidirectional charging but the app now seems even more difficult to commit to 100% charge (it reset to 80% without warning), and i have a long trip tomorrow. I need 100%. Anyone know anything about this?
I'm heartily sick of its unreliable routines and the app is hopeless. It's telling me the cable is disconnected. The car is showing it's connected. I think I'm going to have to set an alarm for say 3am to check it's doing its stuff.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi,
I've not tried charging to 100% yet as not needed to - I wonder if the "Battery Care Mode" in the Settings on the APP is stopping you getting to 100%?
Try to disable & see what happens?

Good Luck!
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
dickyp

Post by dickyp »

WoT wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:28 pm With the new spinning graphic i think there's a new warning: that charging will be restricted to 30-80% for bidirectional charge and discharge. I have no interest in bidirectional charging but the app now seems even more difficult to commit to 100% charge (it reset to 80% without warning), and i have a long trip tomorrow. I need 100%. Anyone know anything about this?
I'm heartily sick of its unreliable routines and the app is hopeless. It's telling me the cable is disconnected. The car is showing it's connected. I think I'm going to have to set an alarm for say 3am to check it's doing its stuff.
And this is the kind of nonsense that needs highlighting back as this is a key element of EV ownership and for the push across needs to be on it.

Looking into this I’m still not clear if it’s best using the car schedule or the charge point schedule. As it doesn’t “talk” to the charger unlike at public chargers what’s best!?
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535
daern

Post by daern »

They've hit new levels of buggery-uppery today. Apparently, a change made on their back-end last night has caused all Cupra Borns to be continuously waking up (you can even hear the clicking of the HV battery in and out) which is resulting in the LV battery (i.e. the normal 12v car supply) to be flattened. You might see an alert on the app regarding this if you haven't previously set the car to charge the LV battery from the HV battery (which is an option in the app). Right now, the backend API for the app is down (well, chucking errors anyway) as, presumably, they try to resolve this issue.

Fortunately, our car, which reported low 12v supply in the app, doesn't seem otherwise affected and my wife was able to use it as normal.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

daern wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:40 pm They've hit new levels of buggery-uppery today. Apparently, a change made on their back-end last night has caused all Cupra Borns to be continuously waking up (you can even hear the clicking of the HV battery in and out) which is resulting in the LV battery (i.e. the normal 12v car supply) to be flattened. You might see an alert on the app regarding this if you haven't previously set the car to charge the LV battery from the HV battery (which is an option in the app). Right now, the backend API for the app is down (well, chucking errors anyway) as, presumably, they try to resolve this issue.

Fortunately, our car, which reported low 12v supply in the app, doesn't seem otherwise affected and my wife was able to use it as normal.
Great summary. We were very worried last night. At 0530 I tried a few things including disconnecting from online services and resetting max charge back to 80% as it seems to changed to 100%.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
xynamic

Post by xynamic »

Today I noticed that the car hasnt been charging during the night (like its supposed to with the Ovo 'charge anytime' system). So for a month I've been paying 40p instead of 10p per kw/h
Investigated it and its because the MyCupra app isn't working. I can log-in but no communication with the car.
This is a joke and Seat / Cupra really ought to be paying compensation to everyone.

Anyone else got the same problem tonight with the app not communicating with the car?
Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

I just get timed out trying to get into the app, also the past few days I’ve charged the car to 80% and I get approx 280 miles indicating, but check it in the next day and it says I have only 170 miles. Go to the car and it’s happy with 280 mi;es. So I have no trust in the app miles, even within the app if it says 280 miles go into the battery details and it always disagrees with the front screen and usually adds 1 mile, ok that’s no big deal, but how simple is it to get the two screens to agree?

🤦🏻‍♂️