My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I just put 123456789, it didn't seem to care, and worked fine.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

KEV1L wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:28 am I just put 123456789, it didn't seem to care, and worked fine.
😂
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
daern

Post by daern »

I have the app connected to the car now - took a great deal of faffing and, mostly I think, a software update to the car followed by trying to work out how to get it to reboot!

Is it just me or is the app almost astonishingly, dreadfully slow? I don't mean "a bit sluggish" - it's more in the line of "is this actually broken?". It also constantly chucks up errors about failed APIs, although they tend to clear as the app finally settles down.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

daern wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:39 am I have the app connected to the car now - took a great deal of faffing and, mostly I think, a software update to the car followed by trying to work out how to get it to reboot!

Is it just me or is the app almost astonishingly, dreadfully slow? I don't mean "a bit sluggish" - it's more in the line of "is this actually broken?". It also constantly chucks up errors about failed APIs, although they tend to clear as the app finally settles down.
No, it's not just you... :D
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

I heard back from the dealer yesterday too. They said the system used to register us to the cars is still down (lol). Means the lock/unlock, light control, and the licences for emergency calling and breakdown will all still be disabled!
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
daern

Post by daern »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 am I heard back from the dealer yesterday too. They said the system used to register us to the cars is still down (lol). Means the lock/unlock, light control, and the licences for emergency calling and breakdown will all still be disabled!
Hmmm, not sure if talking about the same thing, but I was able (eventually) to register the My Cupra app to my car. The magic for me was the software update on the car which, once it rebooted (leave car locked for a bit seemed to be the trick here) then allowed it to register to the app using the link on the screen.

That said, the app is unbearably slow, so perhaps it's still horridly broken behind the scenes.

Edit: just checked my own app and, despite being correctly registered (e.g. I can change the "charge to" level and see the location), my lock/unlock and light control is also disabled.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

I'm having the same issues connecting the car to the app, but I don't see any available updates to install. Does anyone know what the latest version should be? Or if there's any other trick to get it working?
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Been on the phone with my salesman because of other subject and he was really frustrated because he has spent all morning trying to activate the app to a new costumer that was collecting a new Born without success...

He said that this is being frequent and not only with the Born, but with all VW group.

Looks like it's a "central" problem. It's not a problem with the car or the app itself.

Maybe it's better to wait....
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

On the bright side, at least we aren't missing much by what the people who actually managed to activate it have been saying...
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

davmatjo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 am I'm having the same issues connecting the car to the app, but I don't see any available updates to install. Does anyone know what the latest version should be? Or if there's any other trick to get it working?
I was having this message, found an update and it said in the details that connecting to the car would only be possible once the update had been installed, so installed it... Still not able to connect.

I end up scanning the QR code and get the 'unable to connect, continue as guest' message 😡

To be honest, not too fussed about the app, more about getting the profiles in the car set up!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys