Born 8 days ago

Post pictures of your CUPRA Born here
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

V2, No options (other than the bronze wheels), no keyless entry, no parking assist.
Notice the bumpers dont have the parking assist sensors.
I was hoping they would still put them on then I could OBD11 them in.
But I guess they actually make different bumpers for those too stingy to fork out for that option.

IMG_20220911_142426-cropped.jpg

Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

That colour is stunning,

I’ve ordered Granite Grey ®inamica as it’s the closest to Black and I always have Black cars, but I have to admit there’s a nagging doubt in the back of my head saying “change the colour”
michbright

Post by michbright »

I have the same colour, but V1 with the Tech Pack L. It still do a double take when I see it because it's so lovely. Enjoy!
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

For those still umming and arring which colour to choose, the blue is actually even more expensive than the regular metallics, by £275 !!! why?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

BornAgain wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:31 am For those still umming and arring which colour to choose, the blue is actually even more expensive than the regular metallics, by £275 !!! why?
Because they can. It won't cost them appreciably more to apply it, it's not some special triple layered paint - just simple profiteering.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

It's possibly exclusivity. I can't find Aurora Blue available on other Seat or Cupra cars.
It may be like the Lapiz Blue on the Golf range which is only available on the R version. If you see a Lapiz Blue Golf on the road, you know it's an R. And you pay extra for that.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

alanjs wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:49 pm It's possibly exclusivity. I can't find Aurora Blue available on other Seat or Cupra cars.
It may be like the Lapiz Blue on the Golf range which is only available on the R version. If you see a Lapiz Blue Golf on the road, you know it's an R. And you pay extra for that.
Paying more for Lapiz is a recent thing.- my 2015 Golf R was in Lapiz Blue and it cost the same as any other metallic colour on the Golf then, but now they charge mire for it. They charge what they can get away with. On the Polo range, white was the free colour,except on the GTI, where red was the free colour - proving that there's no higher associated costs in red vs white. I'm amazed the EU hasn't stopped the car companies gouging the customer on paint colour choices.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565